Friday, January 10, 2014

Beauty Products - #Empties + #ProductReviews {January 2014}

I've decided that I am going to start reviewing all my empties, here on my blog. This week is the first time in a long time that I've actually had several empties all at once, so I figured that now is as good a time as any!

So here goes... here's the little collection of "empties" that I have as of right now.

Matrix Biolage color care shampoo
Softscrub vineyard escape scrub
Philip B self adjusting hairspray
Nelson Argon Oil 7 in 1 non-foaming shampoo
Revlon Photo Ready primer
Michael Todd pumpkin nutrient rich facial mask 
Soap and Glory face soap and clarity 7-in-1 daily detox vitamin face wash
ColorScience face primer sunforgettable 

Matrix Biolage color care shampoo
my thoughts: 
I bought this shampoo because my stylist (who is also a personal friend) suggested that I use it on my hair. It's what she uses in her salon, and I'll admit, my hair looks and feels great when I leave there. But this shampoo isn't for me to use on a regular basis. I have very thin hair and it get oily easily, so I have to wash my hair daily. After a week of using this daily, my hair felt stiff, like straw for some reason. It was super weird. I could use it a couple of times a week, but that's it. It did last me a really long time (about 5 months), but that's not enough of a plus to get me to buy it again. 
repurchase?
Nope!

Softscrub vineyard escape scrub
my thoughts: 
this stuff smells and feels great! It's very thick and a little bit goes a long ways. 
repurchase? 
Eventually! I'm the type that likes to mix it up when it comes to body washes though, so it'll be at a later time. Last night I bought the sostsoap coconut island quench. 

Philip B self adjusting hairspray
my thoughts?
This was something that was introduced to me in one of my blush mystery beauty boxes. I don't remember which month it was, but it was toward the end of summer. Anyways, this stuff is AMAZEBALLS!!!!! it literally self adjusts to not only your hair, but the climate that you are in also. This is the first hairspray that I have used that didn't make my hair stiff or sticky, but really held my style - all day! 
repurchase?
Most definitely. Already did. I just wish it came in a bigger bottle. 


Nelson Argon Oil 7 in 1 non-foaming shampoo
my thoughts?
This is a little sample size that a friend of mine sent me in a secret santa swap I participated in. I was able to get 6 uses out of this little bottle (which is a good sample size!). I have never used a non-foaming shampoo before, but after using this, I AM SOLD!!!!!! I absolutely love this product. It made my scalp tingle in a minty fresh good way, and after blow drying, my hair has never been so soft and clean! Absolutely LOVE it!
Repurchase? 
DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!

Revlon Photo Ready primer
my thoughts?
For a drugstore primer, I'm in love. I think I paid like $12 for this at rite aid or cvs (i don't remember which one). I bought it with the foundation (which, I am almost out of), and I wasn't sure what to expect since I was used to using my high end primers, but I have to say, this stuff is wonderful!!! It smoothed out my skin and made it super soft. My makeup held up all day. I love it!
Repurchase?
Most definitely. 


Michael Todd pumpkin nutrient rich facial mask 
My thoughts? 
I used this down to the very last drop. At first it was fine on my skin, but then it would burn. a lot. but I never had a reaction appearance-wise to it so I kept trying it. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the purpose of this mask is, but it did absolutely nothing for me (or my sensitive skin for that matter). 
Repurchase?
Nope.

Soap and Glory face soap and clarity 7-in-1 daily detox vitamin face wash
my thoughts?
This is my holy grail of facial cleansers. I can't even begin to express how much I love this stuff!!! There is NOTHING on the planet that cleans my face better then this! And this little tube lasts me 3 months, and it only cost me $3 (from Sephora). Seriously, there is nothing better!! I use it daily, along with soap and glory's greatest scrub of all. 
Repurchase?
Absofreakinlutely!

ColorScience face primer sunforgettable 
my thoughts?
I don't remember where I got this sample from, but I had really high hopes for it. It goes on very smooth and is super soft.... it has some color to it so it would be perfect on days that you don't want to wear any makeup but still want to sort of soften your face up. The only drawback I found to it is that it made my face super oily :( 
Repurchase?
no. if it didn't make my face feel oily, i would, but no.



So there's my first ever empties and product reviews! Hopefully I'll have enough empties each month to be able to make this a monthly thing. I know my blog is still new and all but I'm trying to start up some recurring things here :) 

Have you tried any of these products? If so, tell me what you think!





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Never seen the self adjusting hairspray before... where did you purchase this? I must find it ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @MsNikkiGBeauty I get it from dermstore but hsn has it for $5 right now!

      Delete