Saturday, January 25, 2014

CVS Haul (learning how to use coupons!)

So..... don't laugh but I'm finally learning how to use coupons... effectively. I'm finally feeling better and over that nasty stomach bug that I had, so my daughter and I went to CVS last night to pick up a few things that I needed, and it turns out, that I had coupons for 90% of everything I got. I've never really paid attention to coupons before (to be honest, I'm not organized enough for couponing lol) but I was in CVS a couple of weeks ago and the cashier was telling me about how she paid $72 for $189 worth of stuff.

I walked in to CVS, scanned my card to get the CVS coupons, and got what I needed.

This is my haul:




It doesn't look like a lot, but these items are not cheap. I had a coupon for everything except the hair color (which was for my daughter....) and that was on clearance from $10.99 to $2.47 so I let her get it. Everything else either had a manufacturer coupon or a CVS coupon. 

And this is how much I ended up saving:
I saved $51.92!!!! 

So, I think I am going to continue to learn more and more about this whole coupon thing. I'm all about saving some money when I can and I think $51.92 is a pretty good amount to save. 

In other news, I finally broke down and bought some Rimmel London products. I've been hearing/reading a lot of raves about them from other bloggers and vloggers, so I finally broke down and got a couple of things. I am wearing my Rimmel products today and so far so good! I'll give an actual review of them in a couple of weeks when I've used them enough to actually have an opinion on it. 

But yeah... if you use coupons and have any tips to share with me, I'd love to hear them. Just leave a comment below :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment