Monday, November 4, 2013

Anna's Tortillini Soup {Recipe}

Okay, so I am going to share a recipe that is just absolutely delicious! I've been seeing recipes for tortillini soup circulated around, but they're all different. So I started studying them and decided to take MY favorite ingredients, and make my own version. And let me just say that it was an INSTANT hit in the Watson home! :)


Use a large crock pot or stock pot (I personally use a large crock pot)
Ingredients needed: 
1 - 48oz carton of swanson chicken broth
2 - cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 - can of regular diced tomatoes
2 - cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies 
1 - bag of baby spinach
2 - blocks of cream cheese
2 - packages of 4 cheese tortellini (I get this in the deli section at Kroger)
1 - Large jalapeno sausage link
2 - Large Italian sausage links 

Directions:
Pour chicken broth into the pot. 
Cut up one block of cream cheese and add it to the chicken broth. 
Next, add the two cans of cream of mushroom soup. 
Then add your cans of tomatoes (you can use 3 cans of regular diced tomatoes if you don't want it spicy). Add in the packs of tortellini. 
Begin shoveling in the baby spinach. You may not be able to use the entire bag - I could only use 3/4 of the bag. 
Cut up your sausage links into small chunks and add them in.
Then cut up your second block of cream cheese and evenly add them to the top. 
Stir, and cover. 
Let cook until boiling and the spinach has shrunk. 
Serve in a bowl and top with shredded cheese (optional). 

Be sure to look on the side and FOLLOW me :) ------->

No comments:

Post a Comment