Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Bowtie Sausage Soup {Recipe}

So last week I shared a yummy soup that I threw together... you can find that recipe here. This week, I came up with something similar, but a little different. This time no tortellini and no spicy stuff. And honestly, I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but it is soooooo good! It's better than any of the soups you'll find in a restaurant.

It was soooooo cold here today for South East Georgia. Our high today was only 56 degrees, so I thought it would be the perfect evening for soup!

This is what I like to call "Bowtie Sausage Soup" 



Use a large crock pot or stock pot (I personally use a large crock pot)
Ingredients needed: 
1 - 48oz carton of swanson chicken broth
1 - cans of cream of mushroom soup
2 - cans of diced tomatoes (i used the kind that's flavored with basil & oregeno) 
1 - bag of baby spinach
2 - blocks of cream cheese
1 - Box of bowtie pasta
1- pack of Italian sausage (I use the long, small kind that has 8 to a pack)

Directions:
Pour chicken broth into the pot. 
Cut up one block of cream cheese and add it to the chicken broth. 
Next, add the can of cream of mushroom soup. 
Then add your cans of tomatoes. Add in the box of bowties. 
Begin shoveling in the baby spinach. You may not be able to use the entire bag - I could only use 3/4 of the bag. 
Cut up your sausage links into small chunks and add them in.
Then cut up your second block of cream cheese and evenly add them to the top. 
Stir, and cover. 
Let cook until boiling and then turn to simmer and allow the spinach to shrink down and the cream cheese to completely soften.
Serve in a bowl and top with shredded cheese (optional). 


What is your favorite soups to cook on a cold night?



Be sure to look on the side and FOLLOW me :) ------->




No comments:

Post a Comment